Wednesday, August 13, 2008

help me garage

Our garage door, the one into the house, has a lock on it that has a mind of its own. Probably over a year ago, Jason left the house with Brandon in tow to drop him off at his day care. Nathan was lucky enough to still be asleep. I went outside, for some reason that I do not recall, and found myself locked outside. I tried the front door, no luck. I rang the doorbell, a dozen times, Nathan slept through it. I ran to my car in the garage and found my cell phone. I called Jason since he had left 5 minutes prior. He didn't answer.

I rang the doorbell again. Nathan was sound asleep. I called Jason's cell phone two more times. He finally answered. After I explained my dilemma, he came back home and let me in the house. Problem resolved!

Tonight, I was working on my computer upstairs in the bedroom. I get this message from Jason on my instant messenger, "help me garage." I couldn't imagine why he didn't just come upstairs and ask for assistance with whatever it is. I thought to myself, why would he IM me from the study to get me to go to the garage? Perhaps he bought me some present and was surprising me. I was quite confused.

I went downstairs and called his name. He answered from the garage. I went to the garage and found Jason locked in it in his underwear! He went to the freezer for a late night snack and could not return through the garage door. He apparently had done everything he could think of to get my attention, but the television upstairs was too loud and I didn't hear him. He was knocking, and even honking the horn on my car! I didn't hear anything.

Finally, Jason looked in my car. No cell phone. He found a little laptop that I keep in my car for work emergencies. Luckily, I charged the battery a little today. After waiting five minutes for it to boot up, he logged into his e-mail account and caught me online to instant message me. I must say that I'm proud of his creative problem solving skills, but we really do need to get a new lock on that garage door!

No comments: