Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The Duck Driver

Brandon had his first school project. It was a Transportation Project. The instructions from the teacher said that the kindergartener was to create a NEW means of transportation. She didn't want it to become an expensive and time-consuming project and wanted the end result to be made from things like shoe boxes, cardboard, construction paper, cereal boxes, styrofoam or any odds or ends around the house. The first part of the project, Brandon had to answer these questions and I was to write down exactly what he said. Here goes:


1. What is your vehicle called? Answer: Duck Driver

2. What makes your vehicle go? Answer: It runs on duck power.

3. Where does your vehicle go? Answer: It goes to pick up ducks and take them home. It helps find lost ducks.

4. Is it a passenger or cargo vehicle? Answer: It carries ducks & ducks drive it.

5. What special things does your vehicle have on it? Answer: It has ducks all over it.


Brandon also had to draw the vehicle.


So, then, we had to construct this so-called Duck Driver. We went to Hobby Lobby and about $25 later, we had this design. Brandon was SO proud of his project. I'm certain that no one else had a Duck Driver! As I helped him take it to school, kids and teachers alike stopped and stared. I'm sure they were trying to determine what it was exactly.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Very creative...it certainly looks like a "duck driver" to me!