Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What is this???

Having kids can be challenging at times. Having two boys, I think, can be a little more so. There are times that we come upon some invention, experiment, or just plain mess that cannot be described. The photo above was what I found on the coffee table just a few days ago. In case you can't tell, it's a corral of some sort for dinosaurs. The fencing is made of toothpicks and marshmallows. A few minutes after this picture was taken, I walked back by. The marshmallows were gone, but the toothpicks remained. I guess someone got hungry.




The next picture is an example of what I found one day after being on the phone with a business colleague. Yes, that is thousands of pieces of Fruity Pebbles cereal on the floor, sofa, table, and pretty much everywhere else.



Speaking of experiments, one day not long ago, Brandon decided to do an experiment. I will say that he is the one that typically starts them. Usually, they consist of water, some other object (play-doh, candy, soap) and then a cooking or freezing technique. This one was a plastic bowl with water, paper clips and a piece of cork and he was putting it in the toaster oven when I stumbled on him. Thank goodness I caught him in time! He also does this with the microwave oven and the deep freeze out in the garage. One of the experiments was put in the microwave with 20 minutes on the timer. By the time we smelled the burn, only a few minutes had passed. We got lucky on that one too!

2 comments:

Jennifer Butler said...

Lots of fun! So, did Missy or the vaccuum clean up all of those fruity pebbles? They are very creative!

Paula Mathews said...

The vacuum "ate" all the cereal. :)