Monday, August 25, 2008

I am the worst mom ever....

Today was the first day of school. I have a 2nd grader and Kindergartener. Nathan was excited about his first day in a new school and Brandon was content, but a little nervous about it. As you can see by the first photo, Brandon was a bit grumpy this morning before heading out to his first day of school.

We made it to school, on time, and delivered our school supplies. We met the boys' teachers and saw their classrooms. It was very crazy around there.

About an hour and a half after school started, I get a call from the principal.
Uh-oh, I thought. The principal starts off with "there's no emergency" and relieved some of my fears. Then she states, that little Brandon came to school today with street clothes on. Yes, he did, I thought to myself. She then states that this school is STANDARDIZED DRESS. No where in any correspondence from the school did it mention this fact. Not to worry, they have extra clothes and will be changing Brandon so he won't "feel uncomfortable." I sincerely doubt he noticed anything, much less felt uncomfortable. So, here it is, my little Kindergartener, sent to the principal's office in the first hour and a half of his school career. Poor baby!

I'm glad that it wasn't something horrible he did. I'm glad it was simply my fault. I ran out right away and bought uniforms for my boys. They have the choice of either red or navy shirts. Every day, red, navy, red, navy... Personally, we aren't upset about the uniforms, we're just upset that we didn't know. And, most importantly, that I embarrassed my Kindergartener on his first day of school. :(

Check out previous First Days of School here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. You would think that would be a very important piece of information they would tell you. I could see possibly overlooking telling a 2nd grade parent, but I would think they would definitely emphasize it to all of the kindergarten parents.

I hope it didn't bother Brandon to have to go to the principal's office..poor guy!

Brian said...

I think the biggest question to ask here is.... does Maroon count as Red?

Paula Mathews said...

No, unfortunately, maroon is not red. Although, we will be seeing lots of maroon this Saturday!!! Whoop!