I went to Nathan's school because he was giving a presentation over one of his FAVORITE subjects, dinosaurs. It was not for a grade, it was strictly for fun. He and his two buddies, Ben & Dominic, worked on this presentation for over a week. They skipped recess every day to work on this. In the end, the presentation took more than 2 hours. They really had fun and the rest of the class seemed geniunely interested. In the middle of his presentation, we were interrupted by the South Garland Show Boaters. They are a musical group who came to entertain the kids with singing and dancing to Christmas songs. As the group was getting ready, they had music playing. The kids were all coming in, sitting down and waiting for the show to begin.
One of the songs that came on was "YMCA." I was surprised that all these 2nd - 5th graders knew this song. As it came on, the whole room started motioning the letters with their arms. I was just very surprised that they knew it and knew the moves. 

No comments:
Post a Comment